FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is warranted on the Quiet-Tech Acoustic Insulation?
Quiet-Tech Recycling Corporation warrants that the product you have purchased from Quiet-Tech Recycling Corporation is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use during the warranty period. The warranty period begins on the day of shipment from the Quiet-Tech Recycling Corporation.
- Is Quiet-Tech fire resistant?
Quiet-Tech Acoustic Insulation is Class A fire rated. It is tested in accordance with ASTM E84.
- Where can Quiet-Tech Acoustic Insulation be used?
Quiet tech delivers a high-performance acoustic batt solution to maximize your acoustic and thermal performance needs. It can be used in the form of In-Wall Insulation, Block Wall Insulation or Sound Insulation Panels. Please check the Applications page for a more detailed understanding of how it works.
- Are there any hazardous contents in the Quiet-Tech Acoustic Insulation?
Quiet tech is HPD LEED-certified and is free of any hazardous contents, formaldehyde, or any volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- What are the available sizes?
Thickness – 2” and customizable up to 3”.
Size – 16”x 24”
- What is the R Value?
The R-value of 2” thick Quiet-Tech Insulation is 6.7
The R-value is an insulating material's resistance to conductive heat flow. The R-value depends on the type of insulation, its thickness, and its density.
- What is NRC and STC?
NRC is a standard rating for how well a material absorbs sound at normal speech frequencies. It is measured between zero and one. NRC of zero indicates perfect reflection; NRC of one indicates perfect absorption. If a product has NRC rating from 0.75 - 0.82, the product will absorb 75% - 82% of the sound that it comes into contact with and will reflect 18% - 25% of the sound back into space. NRC of 2” thick Quiet-Tech is 0.95
The Sound Transmission Coefficient (STC) measures the sound transmission between spaces. The higher the rating, the more effective the material is at reducing sound transmission. STC of 2” thick Quiet-Tech is 49
- What does ASTM certified mean?
ASTM stands for the American Society of Testing and Materials that develops and publishes voluntary consensus technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems, and services, and the standards operate globally.
- Where is Quiet-Tech manufactured?
Quiet-Tech acoustic insulation is manufactured less than 10 miles outside of New York City which is where we source our post-consumer materials from. The manufacturing facility is in Irvington, NJ.
- How is Quiet-Tech Acoustic Insulation better than other insulation products?
Quiet-Tech is made of 45% Cotton, 40% Carpet, and 15% PET Binder Fibers. There is no issue of skin or lung irritation as well as there is no presence of any harmful chemicals or substances.
The product shall be free from defects from material and workmanship from the date of shipment by Quiet-Tech Recycling Corporation.
For more details on the warranty, please click the link below.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TESTING
- Quiet-Tech HPD UL Greenguard Gold
- Quiet-Tech 2016-2017 UL Greenguard Gold
- Quiet-Tech 2017-2018 Double Green Certified
- 2019 SCS Indoor Advantage Gold 2019
- Health Product Declaration - HPD V2.1.1
- NSF Certified Environmental Product Declaration - EPD
- ASTM C518 (Thermal Conductivity: R-Value (2") 6.7)
- ASTM E84 (Surface Burning Characteristics; Class A)
- ASTM C1338 (Resistant to Mold and Mildew: Passed)
- ASTM C167-15 (Dimensional Tolerance: Passed)
- ASTM C1304-08 (Odor Emission: Passed)
- ASTM E970-17 (Critical Radiant Flux Gas: Passed)
Acoustical Performance Testing:
- ASTM E90-09 STC (Sound Transmission Class)
- ASTM C423 or ASTM E795 NRC (Noise Reduction Coefficient)